So this week is going to be a lot about market research. Setting Andrew up to find me some datas down at the library about population levels, mean incomes, etc, etc... in the different areas of Las Vegas. I know I want my bakery in the Northwest section (partly because I am lazy and don't want to have to drive too far when I get up to go in at 4 in the morning, but mostly because I feel its the kind of area where residents are wealthy enough to support an indulgence based business like a bakery.) To prove my point on that account, there is a German Bread Bakery that opened quite nearby just recently. I'm keeping a close eye on their growth, although their business isn't exactly the same as what I want to do. (They don't serve coffee and tea, for one, but their pastries are very delicious!) I'm wondering if they would be willing to chat with me about what it took to open the bakery.... of course I can't make it sound like I'm going to be competing with them! >:)
The other half of market research this week is baking and testing. Sending some tasty treats in to work with Andrew, along with some printed surveys to ask people what they think. I figure they get free brownies, I get free input. Fair deal, right? Speaking of, if anyone in my area wants to be a taste tester for me, or if you know someone who does, feel free to email me, facebook me, or just leave a comment. I'll send you a baking schedule and when you can pick up your samples and questionnaire.
No comments:
Post a Comment