"The journey of a thousand miles starts with one step."
Never before has this Arab proverb seemed so true to me. I have started my journey of a thousand miles towards opening my own bakery cafe with the one step of starting to research and write my business plan. So far its pretty tough going. I can visualize in my head exactly what I want, but to write it down on paper and effectively communicate it to someone (say, a banker or investor) is not an easy task for me. I alternate being feeling worried that I am including too much detail and its boring, or not including enough and looking foolish.
Thankfully, I have some wonderful people travelling alongside me. First and foremost of course is my husband Andrew. Truly, this is OUR business, as he is the rock on which our foundation is built. My business savvy friend David is graciously alternating between taking the time to help me through the snarl of technicalities that is opening a business, and reassuring me that I am not actually insane by attempting to open a new business.
Tomorrow, I think, will be less paperwork and more Testing Recipes! Yay~!
No comments:
Post a Comment