Well the preliminary market research isn't going so hot. Don't get me wrong, everyone has been very helpful, and any criticisms about the products themselves are mostly a matter of personal taste. I can handle that, and use it to improve my products. Unfortunately, the price point that people are willing to pay for this kind of product is way lower than I thought it would be. So low, in fact, that if this is an accurate sampling, I may have to change my business completely, in ways that don't make me happy. I wouldn't be able to use gourmet ingredients, in fact, I might have to resort to pre-manufactured mixes *shudder*.
Also on the bad news front, a small bakery in the area just shut down. Not the brand new German Bread one, but a little cupcake place just a couple miles away. This worries me. A lot. Add to that several restaurants and coffee houses that have gone out of business in the area and its all adding up to a picture that gives me cause to doubt a bit.
I think following your dream is NEVER a bad idea! You most certainly have the talent as a Chef and especially pastries. Your attention to details will only add to your success! Best of luck Lura...i'll be following you. And I know the paperwork initially sucks, but soon you'll be doing what you like best. :)
ReplyDelete